Future Citizens Program
At Abbots Hall we run a Future Citizens Program (FCP). The program is designed to give children the opportunity to apply for various roles around school - these include 'jobs' such as IT technician, Lunchtime Assistant, Play ranger and many more!
Selection of children taking part in the FCP is designed to give children an opportunity to experience a child-friendly application process that is similar to what they may experience as they grow into adulthood - it develops courage, resilience and responsibility and prepares them to become positive members of the community.
Children applying for a role will:
- Receive an application letter outlining the roles and responsibilities of the 'job'
- Complete an application identifying why they are suitable for the role
- Be invited to interview based on the success of their initial application
- be informed of their successful application via letter, which will also request for a 'reference' from a known adult.
- Receive 'training' in the role to enable them to feel confident.