Sport and PE at Abbots Hall Primary Academy
Sports Funding Plan
The Government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016. The government will allocate this extra funding directly to primary Headteachers.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4Life clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Abbots Hall Primary Academy are going to
- Develop staff in the teaching of P.E. by employing a specialised PE coach to provide all pupils with one hour of P.E. a week.
- Engage pupils with professional sports coaches as an incentive for good learning behaviours
- Provide additional after school clubs
- Involve pupils in local competitions and tournaments
- Increase the range of sports experienced taught in school