Sport and PE at Abbots Hall Primary Academy
Sports Funding Plan
The Government are spending over £350 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they offer.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4Life clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Abbots Hall Primary Academy are going to
- Develop staff in the teaching of P.E. by employing a specialised PE coach to provide all pupils with one hour of P.E. a week.
- Engage pupils with professional sports coaches as an incentive for good learning behaviours
- Provide additional after school clubs
- Involve pupils in local competitions and tournaments
- Increase the range of sports experienced taught in school