Our vision and values determines all we do here at Abbots Hall and is underpinned by our school motto ‘Achieve, Believe, Create’
We consulted with staff, governors, parents and pupils to write our vision and it is key to our ethos and community.
Abbots Hall Primary Academy is an integral part of the local community. We put children and families at the heart of everything we do.
We are all academically, socially and emotionally prepared for our own unique journey.
- Provide equal opportunities for all children, regardless of their background and starting points, to gain knowledge, skills and character and make significant progress across the range of concepts taught in the School Curriculum.
- Encourage children to develop a sense of personal growth through character development, enabling them to become global citizens and socially responsible. They will develop key characteristics through the celebration of our values.
- Develop children’s application of knowledge through carefully planned, high quality questioning and activities where a wide range of thinking skills are required. These skills are accessed by the Abbots Hall ‘Thinking Skills’.
- Prepare children for their own unique journey by encouraging them, through the curriculum, to become reflective, effective learners.
The Governing Body is committed to:
- safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
- promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs.
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.